Monday, December 7, 2009

Muy Delicioso

As a kid, I always enjoyed the simple pleasure of a pouch of Swiss Miss with little dehydrated marshmallows, microwaved with tap water to produce a steaming mug of hot chocolate. From time to time, however, when we had more than three minutes of patience pent up, my family would make Mexican hot chocolate, which is divine. Cinnamon, vanilla, and cocoa combine to make one of my very favorite beverages. Whisking the milk and cocoa together over a low flame until it reaches a thick and frothy consistency is essential. Infused with strong spices and rich flavors, it is decadence in a coffee mug. Mmmmmm, so tasty and perfect for chilly weather.
Mexican hot chocolate makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. A splash of Kahlua in there can help warm you up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I just made it for my family, too sweet and I love sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that stuff...i used to sneak it and eat just the chocolate, like candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation! I've been in a hot coco craze, but my fat free swiss miss isn't exactly cutting it! I'll have to give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete