Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let's Rodeo, San Antonio!


Last week was San Antonio's 60th annual Stock Show and Rodeo, and it was a blast! I went on Friday with two friends, Cliff and Kelsey, to spend the entire afternoon and evening wandering the grounds. We rode carnival rides, watched several livestock auctions, and ate a lot of food. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. All the basics were covered....We started with chicken fried bacon ( which Cliff rudley ate in front of the pigs in the pig barn), then moved on to a round of $6 beers with some roasted corn on the cob dipped in a vat of butter, then a sausage-on-a-stick appetizer before the turkey leg dinner. Next came the pork ribs finished off with quite possibly the best funnel cake I've ever had. Needless to say, I've been eating rather light this week.

Kelsey and I spent a good portion of the afternoon in the children's petting zoo playing with little piglets and donkeys, while Cliff held our belongings. We were surrounded by live music all day, and there was quite a bit of dancing done by the three of us. After being in the hot sun all day, eating, drinking, and dancing, we finished off the night with the actual rodeo (bull riding being my favorite part of course) and a Jason Aldean concert in the AT&T center....not my favorite artist, but he put on a good show. We had the best time, and I'm already getting excited for next year!

The stock show and rodeo makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute pig picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are diversifying a bit...piglets in addition to donkeys! Nonna take note! And the funnel cake looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete